Sustainable Product Development: Tools, Methods and Examples
Daizhong Su (Editor)
Usually delivers within 2 weeks.
DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive review of sustainability and product design, providing useful information on the relevant regulations and standards for industries to meet increasing market demands for eco-products, while reducing their impact on the environment. The examples and methods presented allow readers to gain insights into sustainable products. The authors also explain how to develop products with sustainability features by applying tools and methods for sustainable design and manufacture. These tools/methods include
* Regulations/directives related to sustainable product development
* Popular lifecycle analysis software packages
* Environmental and social lifecycle impact assessment methods
* Lifecycle inventory databases
* Eco-point and eco-accounting infrastructure
* ICT and traceability technologies for sustainable product development
* Sustainable design and manufacture
* Integrated approach for sustainable product development
A description of each sustainability tool is accompanied by easy-to-understand guidelines as well as sustainable product development methods. Five different case studies are also presented to illustrate how to apply the tools and methods into the development of real sustainable products.
In view of the increasing pressure on industries to meet the, sometimes conflicting, demands of the market and environment, this book is a valuable resource for engineers and managers in manufacturing companies wishing to update their knowledge of sustainable product development. It is also suitable for researchers and consultants who are involved or interested in sustainable product development, as well as for students studying sustainable development, production, and engineering management.
Springer Nature Switzerland AG
13 May 2020
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate