No Thank You, Mr. President: How Real Businesses From Elkhart County, Indiana Stood Up to Fight and Thrive on Their Own in Spite
Known as the RV Capital of the World, Elkhart County, Indiana found itself mired in unemployment near 20% in 2009, as the gas crisis and financial meltdown conspired to cut off much of the business the region had relied on for years. Every week was met with more lay-offs; plant shut downs, companies being sold and more bad news. Elkhart County was featured by FOX News, CNN, and major networks, national newspapers and even on late night comedy as the ground zero of our nation's economic misery.
Right after President Barack Obama was inaugurated, he chose Elkhart County as the first place to sell his massive stimulus package. His message of hope may have rung true for some, but many Elkhart County business people decided that bailouts coming from the government couldn't be the right answer. No Thank You, Mr. President, provides stories of how real entrepreneurs, businesses and community leaders are rolling up their sleeves and working to succeed despite the seemingly long odds.
This book has a message of hope based on American Values of hard work, personal responsibility, celebrating success and reliance on the individual, not the government.
Here are just a few inspiring stories of success and hope that will make you remember why America is the greatest nation in history:
* An Amish machine shop with exceptional skills, inventive products and minimal use of new technology.
* Real Estate Entrepreneur expanding and looking for new opportunities in the housing crisis. He even decided to run for State Representative.
* A hometown bank, holding true to their conservative policies and thriving despite the meltdown.
* The largest privately owned RV Company gaining market share in a down market.
* A husband and wife team who created a sensational new product that is growing like crazy in the competitive retail gift shop market.
* A technology company flying under the radar, but growing and competing in well chosen niche markets the big guys aren't interested in.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate