30-Second Literature: The 50 most important forms, genres and styles, each explained in half a minute
DescriptionWhether you're looking for a new author or genre to explore, 30-Second Literature provides you with an introduction to the major literary genres, styles and histories.
Part of the best-selling 30-Second series, this introductory guide to literature is split into 7 chapters. Learn about:
- The History of Literature - from Sanskrit to Modernism
- The Novel - in all its glorious genres
- Literary Prose - non-fiction from diaries to philosophies
- Poetry - from the sonnet to the haiku
- Drama - interesting theatrical forms and genres
- Literary Devices - the techniques authors use in their works
- Literary Styles - the features and history of different styles of writing
Literature is not just any written work; it is work that has stood the test of time, that is most widely thought to be of lasting merit. Just how particular books are elevated to literary status, reflects the values and judgements of society and mirrors the development of civilisation. This book is a broad overview of the multitude of voices used to describe our human experience, perfect for beginners, new students, and lifelong lovers of Literature.If you like this, you might also be interested in 30-Second Mythology . . .
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate