Outdoor Science Lab for Kids: 52 Family-Friendly Experiments for the Yard, Garden, Playground, and Park
Learn physics, chemistry, and biology in your own backyard! In Outdoor Science Lab for Kids , scientist and mom Liz Heinecke has created 52 family-friendly labs designed to get you and yours outside in every season.
From playground physics to backyard bugs, this book makes it fun and easy to dig into the natural sciences and learn more about the world around you. Have fun learning about:
- the laws of physics by constructing and using a marshmallow catapult.
- centripetal forces by swinging a sock filled with gelatin snack and marbles.
- earthworms by using ground mustard seed dissolved in water to make them wriggle to the surface.
- germination by sprouting a sapling from a pinecone or tree seed.
- surface tension and capillary action by growing baking soda stalagmites and stalactites.
Many of the simple and inexpensive experiments are safe enough for toddlers , yet exciting enough for older kids , so families can discover the joy of science and STEM education together.
The popular Lab for Kids series features a growing list of books that share hands-on activities and projects on a wide host of topics , including art, astronomy, clay, geology, math, and even how to create your own circus-all authored by established experts in their fields. Each lab contains a complete materials list , clear step-by-step photographs of the process, as well as finished samples . The labs can be used as singular projects or as part of a yearlong curriculum of experiential learning. The activities are open-ended, designed to be explored over and over, often with different results. Geared toward being taught or guided by adults, they are enriching for a range of ages and skill levels. Gain firsthand knowledge on your favorite topic with Lab for Kids.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate