Arte Popular: The Rex May Collection of Mexican Folk Art
The Mexican Museum (Author)
DescriptionArte Popular features 100 pieces from Rex May's extensive collection of exquisite hand-crafted objects from all over Mexico.
Coming from the reputable Mexican Museum, this volume demonstrates the dramatic power of folk art.
This bilingual volume provides a veritable treasure trove of discoveries for the curious reader.
* Features bold and atmospheric photographs
* Includes scholarly essays that delve into the collection's origins and significance
* A visual treat for lovers of Mexican art, craft, and visual culture
The Rex May Collection-bequeathed to the Mexican Museum by the legendary 39-Mile-Drive sign designer-demonstrates the dramatic power of folk art.
This book is a companion to the opening of the Mexican Museum building in downtown San Francisco's Yerba Buena museum neighborhood.
* Wrapped in a striking, gold-foil-bedecked case, this makes a wonderful gift for artists and art fans everywhere.
* Perfect for museum goers and fans of Mexican arts and crafts
* The Mexican Museum has been a San Francisco cultural destination and educational resource for 37 years, and became the only San Francisco affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution in 2012.
* Add it to the shelf with books like Mexican Details by Joe P. Carr and Karen Witynski, Crafts of Mexico by Margarita de Orellana and Alberto Ruy Sanchez, and Masks of Mexico: Tigers, Devils, and the Dance of Life by Barbara Mauldin.
4 February 2021
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate