Clinical Rotation Manual for the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Student
DescriptionFrom the Foreword
Written specifically for the AGNP-AC student or the incoming Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, this handy guide provides a quick but thorough reference on the basics of the many complex challenges encountered in the clinical rotation portion of the AGNP-AC curriculum. Conveniently spiral-bound, it covers key skills such as patient assessment, billing, labs, imaging, and major diagnoses, among many others in a bulleted format for on-the-go comprehension. Chapters are deliberately designed to aid in surmounting practice knowledge gaps by synthesizing resources often found in disparate references, making them easily accessible and pertinent to the AGNP student.
Organized by body system, this text covers a wide array acute care conditions. Each diagnosis is broken down into cause, assessment findings, diagnostics, and treatment and management. Every chapter provides a wealth of "clinical tips and tricks" boxes that summarize key information so the reader can avoid common mistakes in acute care. This resource concludes with a special "billing" section that received praise from reviewers for its usefulness. Content is presented in a straightforward, accessible style based on the author's many years of clinical expertise in precepting to help make the challenging clinical rotation in this high-acuity specialty a great transition to practice experience.
- Written specifically for the AGNP-AC student in clinical rotations to provide appropriate, role-specific guidance
- Serves as a guide for instructors for effective precepting of AGNP-AC students
- Instructs on principles of accurate diagnosis and management of the major acute conditions by body system
- Cuts through the complexities of billing
- Provides abundant "clinical tips and tricks" boxes in each chapter
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate