Description"Mesmerizingly good . . . the best, truest translation of Dostoevsky's masterpiece into English. It's a magnificent, almost terrifying achievement of translation, one that makes its predecessors, however worthy, seem safe and polite." -Steve Donoghue, Open Letters Monthly
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
* Michael Katz's "superb" ( Times Literary Supplement ) new translation of the world's most-read Russian novel accompanied by his preface and detailed explanatory footnotes.
* Names of principal characters, a note on characters' names and a map of St. Petersburg.
* Key excerpts from Dostoevsky's notebooks, letters and his early draft of Part II, Chapter 2.
* Twenty-six scholarly essays on the novel from Russian, European and American sources.
* A chronology and a selected bibliography.
WW Norton & Co
1 December 2018
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate