Drawn on the Way: A Guide to Capturing the Moment Through Live Sketching
Sarah Nisbett (Author)
DescriptionDiscover how drawing on the way-in-the-moment sketching on a train, in a cafe, at the laundromat-can improve your drawing skills and let you unplug and engage with the world.
In Drawn on the Way , Sarah Nisbett shares her techniques for creating captivating line drawings that capture moments and moods: a young woman lost in thought, a pair of hands clasped on a lap, a peppy beagle, a pair of jeans-clad crossed legs. Sarah invites readers to see the people they draw with "compassionate curiosity-as more than a stranger, as someone with a story worth knowing or imagining."
By learning how to create sketches from start to finish employing techniques such as contour drawing , using line work to add texture , and adding spot color , you'll see how each sketch tells a story . You'll begin to focus on important details that reveal something about the person you're drawing: the graceful drape of a hand over a purse, the shy way someone tucks their feet underneath them.
In this book you'll discover:
- How to translate what you see into a compelling drawing
- How to silence your inner critic and find joy in drawing what captures your interest
- Techniques for drawing figures and creating quick portraits
- How key details can take a sketch from plain to captivating
- How to draw scenes and backgrounds without becoming overwhelmed
- Ways to find the extraordinary in the everyday
- How to transform mistakes into likeable elements
- Tips for becoming a visual storyteller
- Life lessons learned from years of live drawing
21 December 2021
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate