Growing Up the Wall: How to Grow Food in Vertical Places, on Roofs and in Small Spaces
Grow up! If you have limited outdoor space and would like to grow your food, this practical illustrated guide will help you transform previously plant-free zones into thriving, beneficial and utterly beautiful food-growing areas.
Using special containers, either bought or home-made, as well as conventional methods such as containers on a roof or growing plants up walls, you can grow a wide range of edible crops - and grab a salad for lunch without getting your feet wet. This book includes:
* Creating edible roof gardens
* Planning and growing crops on green roofs, including on sheds
* Using a wide variety of containers, e.g. ladder allotments and growing frames, with details of how to make them
* Making the most of wall boxes and hanging baskets
* A directory of plants suitable for vertical growing - fruit, flowers and herbs as well as vegetables - with advice on how to cultivate them.
Whether you have an apartment with just a wall, windowsill, balcony or small flat roof; a school with nothing but a tarmac playground; or just a paved courtyard in your community centre, this book will get you started on a new way of growing.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate