Legal Considerations for Fire & Emergency Services
J. Curtis Varone (Author)
Usually delivers within 2 weeks.
DescriptionThe third edition of Legal Considerations for Fire & Emergency Services is a reader-friendly guide to the challenging legal issues that firefighters and emergency service personnel encounter.
Written by J. Curtis Varone, a practicing attorney as well as an experienced firefighter, this book explores such key topics as fire department liability, search and seizure, sovereign immunity, overtime laws, collective bargaining, OSHA compliance, workers' compensation, physical abilities testing, medical examinations, drug testing, discrimination, and sexual harassment. It is a perfect textbook for any course on fire service law as well as an indispensable desk reference for day-to-day fire department administration.
Features of the new 3rd Edition:
- Updated cases on several topics including residency requirements, employment discrimination, and more
- Expanded treatment of hot topics such as digital imagery, social media, and electronic surveillance
- Meets the latest requirements for FESHE's Legal Aspects of the Fire Service curriculum
- Many new photos and graphics to help connect cases to day-to-day issues in the fire service
- Coverage of recent changes to search and seizure law, use of digital photos and social media by emergency personnel, and fire department liability
30 October 2014
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate