Nightmare: Two Ghostly Tales: Band 17/Diamond
DescriptionBuild your child's reading confidence at home with books at the right level
Two spooky stories from double-Carnegie-winner, Berlie Doherty. Dark and atmospheric these two tales send a chill down the spine. A desolate winter moor is the backdrop to the first story of a haunting friendship, and, in the second, when the past comes back to haunt Charlie, it becomes impossible to tell what is real and what isn't.
- Diamond/Band 17 books offer more complex, underlying themes to give opportunities for children to understand causes and points of view.
- Text type: Two stories by a significant author.
- A feelings bar chart on pages 54-55 show the rise and fall in the narrators emotions during the first story, Nightmare.
- Curriculum links: Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate