Unearth a treasure trove of knowledge and discover the spectacular array of rocks and minerals on Earth!
Learn how to identify more than 500 rocks and minerals of the world through stunning photographs, detailed characteristics and quick, accessible text.
Inside the pages of this comprehensive guide, you'll discover:
- A clear visual key distinguishing different rocks and minerals to make identification easy and accurate
- Each entry includes at-a-glance technical details, for quick reference
- Stunning photographs show close-ups of key details and unique attributes
- Highlights the key features of minerals: chemical group and composition, hardness, specific gravity, crystal cleavage, and fracture
- Highlights the key features of rocks: group, origin, pressure and temperature, grain size and shape, classification, and fossils
From igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks to sparkling minerals, DK Handbooks: Rocks & Minerals leaves no stone unturned. Over 600 high-quality photographs highlight over 500 rock or mineral's distinguishing features. Explore concise details about each rock or mineral's texture, origin, formation, and chemical composition to help you with accurate identification.
Discover a mine of information at your disposal! Designed for beginners and experienced collectors alike, this mineralogy book explains what rocks and minerals are, how they are classified, and what equipment is needed for specimen collection. It's the ultimate gift for rock collectors - both beginners and enthusiasts, or anyone studying geology and earth sciences. An updated edition for 2021 to include the latest scientific knowledge and specimen classification.
Complete the Series
Before you go, there are many more DK Handbooks to explore! Discover the cleanest-cut photographic field guide to over 130 gemstones from around the world in DK Handbooks: Gemstones . Learn all about dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and the world they inhabited millions of years ago in DK Handbooks: Dinosaurs .
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate