Royals at War: The Untold Story of Harry and Meghan's Shocking Split with the House of Windsor
DescriptionReveals Shocking Revelations about Prince Harry, Megan Markle, and the British Royal Family-and the Divisive Rifts Between The m
This explosive expose, Royals at War , takes readers inside a riven Buckingham Palace to provide the definitive account of the unfolding abdication crisis of 2020-dubbed Megxit-during which the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, became royal outcasts.
Through revealing interviews with royal family insiders, friends, aides, historians, royal watchers, and others with intimate knowledge of The House of Windsor, this tell-all book looks back at the events, motives and crises which led to Harry (sixth in line to the throne) dramatically abandoning his birthright-in a move not seen for nearly a century, when King Edward VIII also gave up the crown for the woman he loved as Europe teetered on the brink of fascism and war. Like Edward and Wallis Simpson, the catalyst for the scandal here is also an ambitious, controversial American woman.
Howard's unique access and insight into this constitutional crisis will not only address the tensions and tantrums behind closed palace doors, but seek to answer the questions many are still asking:
- Has Prince Harry ever really recovered from the death of his mother Diana-and the resentment he feels against the institution that tried to destroy her?
- Why did Meghan, once hailed as a breath of fresh air, rile up the monarchy?
- Why did she refuse to conform to royal conventions in the way that Catherine did before her?
- Did the public and media criticism of Meghan go too far? And just how valid are the accusations of racism?
- How did these modern royals treat the tabloids differently to tradition? And did it backfire?
- What next for Harry and Meghan? And how will they-and the institution they've turned their back on-react to their new lives outside the confines of the Palace and free from the strict codes and conventions that bind all members of the Royal Family?
3 September 2020
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate