Short Walks in Northumbria: Guide to 20 Local Walks
A practical little walk guide to Northumbria endorsed by the Ramblers. All of the 20 walks are 5 miles or under in length and can easily be completed in less than 3 hours. Clear Ordnance Survey maps show the route, along with easy-to-follow walk descriptions.
Northumbria offers diverse landscapes: the scenic North Sea Coast with its diverse wildlife, the bare moorland landscape of the Cheviot Hills and the historical interest of Hadrian's Wall lying along the Whin Sill. Many of the walks are located within the Northumberland National Park and the Northumberland Coast which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This guide, produced in co-operation with the Ramblers and featuring Ordnance Survey mapping, is the perfect way to get out and enjoy the stunning scenery.
This compact little guide contains walks, all of which are 5 miles or under, which are ideal for an afternoon stroll.
* 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
- Each walk has a detailed Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
- The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
- There are interesting facts about the things you'll see along the route.
- All the books include general information on walking and also the general area covered by the guide.
- Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate