Soulful Baker: From highly creative fruit tarts and pies to chocolate, desserts and weekend brunch
'Bloody great baking book. Has Xmas all over it.' Jamie Oliver
'Julie bakes with love. It's her secret ingredient.' Pierre Koffmann
Whether you're making pies or cakes, bread or brunch, this stunning book is full of recipes that will feed your soul as well as your stomach.
Baking became a form of therapy for Julie Jones when her mother, who taught her to bake, was diagnosed with dementia. They began baking together again, and Julie started her Instagram account as a way to document this precious time. Now her delicious recipes are available for the first time as a sumptuous cookbook that would make an inspired addition to any kitchen bookshelf. From lemon madeleines to muddle cake ; trampoline bread to chocolate ganache ; banana, pecan and chocolate muffins to fluffy pancakes - this incredible baking book has all the recipes you need to create something beautiful, imaginative and impressive .
You'll find chapters on:
- Fruit Tarts and Pies : containing recipes like apple rose tart and plum and frangipane tart, plus pastry decoration techniques
- Cakes, Bakes and Treats: with dipped lemon madeleines and muddle cake, as well as tips for getting cream fillings right every time
- Bread and Yeasted Dough: with trampoline bread and grissini
- Chocolate : including a stunning triple chocolate celebration cake and chocolate ganache
- Desserts : with delizia di limone and a meringue sharing nest wreath
- Weekend Breakfast and Brunch : with banana, pecan, and chocolate muffins and fluffy pancakes
Learn to cook crafted, beautifully styled pies, tarts, cakes and bakes, but be sure to cook with Julie's secret ingredient - love.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate