The Art of Plant-Based Cheesemaking, Second Edition: How to Craft Real, Cultured, Non-Dairy Cheese
Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, Vegan Category Winner
Making real, full-flavored and richly textured cheese without the use of dairy has long remained a mystery - until now! With step-by-step guidance from acknowledged master plant-based cheesemaker Karen McAthy, anyone can learn to craft authentic, delicious vegan cheese.
Drawing deep from the well of traditional cheesemaking but extending and developing the methods into plant-based ingredients, this new edition of the award-winning The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking is a lavishly illustrated, practical guide packed with step-by-step recipes and straightforward processes from beginner to advanced. Coverage includes:
- Equipment, sanitation, food safety
- Non-cultured beginner recipes through to advanced cultured cheeses
- How to grow your own plant-based cultures, including rejuvelac, sprouting, fermentation, kefir, and probiotic capsules
- Using emulsifiers, starches, and binders
- Flavors, aging, rind curing, and working with molds
- Troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Updated step-by-step guidance and a detailed breakdown of the culturing process.
The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking, 2nd edition makes incredible homemade vegan cheese accessible for beginners, aspiring DIY non-dairy cheesemakers, and serious foodies alike. The texture, the sharpness, the taste; you will be proud to serve up your creations.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an affiliate