The Art of Ramona Quimby: Sixty-Five Years of Illustrations from Beverly Cleary's Beloved Books
Anna Katz (Author)
Out of Stock. Usually despatches within 2 weeks.
DescriptionThe Art of Ramona Quimby celebrates the artists behind Beverly Cleary's inimitable Ramona Quimby series.
The adventures of her iconic heroine have been brought to life by five different artists: Louis Darling, Alan Tiegreen, Joanne Scribner, Tracy Dockray, and Jacqueline Rogers.
Readers can compare multiple interpretations of iconic scenes (remember the infamous egg-cracking incident?), read letters between illustrators and Cleary, and learn the stories behind the illustrations.
* Celebrates the timeless work by these five artists since Beverly Cleary published the first Ramona Quimby book in 1955
* Includes excerpts from the books
* Complete with three essays that illuminate the series's narrative and artistic impact
The Art of Ramona Quimby explores the evolution of an iconic character, and how each artist has ultimately made her timeless.
For fans of illustration and design, and for those who grew up alongside Ramona, this richly nostalgic volume reminds us why we fell in love with these books.
* Beverly Cleary's bestselling children's series has sold over 50 million copies.
* Makes a great gift for readers who grew up with Ramona and Beezus, as well as parents, grandparents, and anyone who remembers reading these books when they were young
* A must-have for fans of Beverly Cleary and the Ramona series, as well as anyone interested in illustrated character art and development over time
* Perfect for those who loved The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss by Theodor Geisel, The Art of Eric Carle by Eric Carle, and Literary Wonderlands: A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created by Laura Miller
1 September 2020
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate