DescriptionBuild your child's reading confidence at home with books at the right level
The Camel Fair is a non-fiction recount of a holiday in India, accompanied by spectacular, atmospheric photographs. The highlight of the visit, and the central focus of the book, is the Pushkar Camel Fair. The event is recounted in a letter format through the eyes of a child, Sarina who is visiting relatives.
- White/Band 10 books have more complex sentences and figurative language.
- Text type - A recount of a visit.
- A flow diagram explaining how to get onto a camel is included on pages 30 and 31 to encourage children to discuss the information.
- Curriculum links - Geography: Where in the World is Barnaby bear? Passport to the World; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate