The Louisville Slugger (R) Complete Book of Hitting Faults and Fixes
For a baseball player, there is nothing more frustrating than struggling at the plate. Hitters--no matter how accomplished--experience hitting slumps, for both mechanical and mental reasons. Their challenge--and yours--is to contain them for a short period of time. The Louisville Slugger Complete Book of Hitting Faults and Fixes identifies the sources of fifty distinct hitting faults that lead to problem swings and includes drills specifically designed to help you correct them.
The step-by-step approach starts from the ground up, including:
- Problems in the stance: hot feet, poor positioning in the box
- Pre-swing movements: no coil in torso, overstriding, hitching before swinging
- Hip rotation and weight transfer: little or no weight transfer, over-rotating
- The swing: uppercutting, casting your hands, pulling your head off the ball
- Mental approach: fear of failure, poor judgment of the strike zone, failing to recognize pitch patterns
The instruction behind each fault also features unique insight from a major league hitter or professional coach. These tips also allow you to get inside the best minds in the business and apply their wisdom to your own game. By applying the book's systematic approach, including lots of practice, you will be able to dissect your swing, identify mistakes, and put yourself on the correct path to recovery and success, becoming a true student of the swing.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate