The Pyjama Myth: The Freelance Writer's Survival Guide
Self-employment has never been a more popular career path, and for thousands of writers, freelancing is becoming an appealing - and sometimes necessary - option. But alongside the benefits of a freelance career come very real obstacles that are daunting for anyone going it alone. We all need some guidance.
Sian Meades-Williams - freelance writer, editor and founder of the Freelance Writing Jobs newsletter - knows all too well that while freelancing doesn't come with hard and fast rules, sometimes there is a wrong way to go about things. Drawing on her extensive experience and dozens of industry interviews, she pulls back the curtain with tips on how to get out of your pyjamas and:
- pitch effectively
- find new ideas and hone your voice
- build a network of contacts
- deal with edits and editors
- cope with rejection
- know your worth and get more money for your work
- manage your finances, deal with late payments and file your taxes
- care for your physical and mental health
- and ultimately find a path to success that makes you happy.
Inspiring, optimistic and - above all - real, The Pyjama Myth is an essential, practical survival guide for anyone embarking on their career, established freelance writers and everyone in between.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate