The Rough Guide to Yorkshire (Travel Guide with Free eBook)
The Rough Guide to Yorkshire
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Yorkshire with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the famous seaside town of Whitby, experience the lofty limestone crags, glacial lake and plunging waterfall of Malham or explore the picturesque ruins of Rievaulx Abbey, The Rough Guide to Yorkshire will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Yorkshire :
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Yorkshire
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around the Yorkshire Dales, the North York Moors and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography : features inspirational colour photography, including the rugged landscape of Buttertubs Pass and the atmospheric lighthouse at Spurn Head
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Whitby, the Esk Valley and the Dales' best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive ' Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Yorkshire, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers : South Yorkshire; West Yorkshire; The Vale of York; The Yorkshire Dales; The North York Moors; East Riding of Yorkshire
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to the Lake District, The Rough Guide to Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford, The Rough Guide to Devon & Cornwall
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate