The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: The gripping first novel in the cosy Flavia De Luce series
Alan Bradley (Author)
Meet Flavia: Mystery Solver. Master Poisoner. 11 Years Old.
England 1950. At Buckshaw, the crumbling country seat of the de Luce family, very-nearly-eleven-year-old Flavia is plotting revenge on her older sisters.
Then a dead bird is left on the doorstep, which has an extraordinary effect on Flavia's eccentric father, and a body is found in the garden. As the police descend on Buckshaw, Flavia decides to do some investigating of her own.
Praise for the historical Flavia de Luce mysteries:
'The Flavia de Luce novels are now a cult favourite' Mail on Sunday
'A cross between Dodie Smith's I Capture The Castle and the Addams family...delightfully entertaining' Guardian
Fans of M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin, Frances Brody and Alexander McCall Smith will enjoy the Flavia de Luce mysteries:
1. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
2. The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag
3. A Red Herring Without Mustard
4. I Am Half Sick of Shadows
5. Speaking From Among the Bones
6. The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
7. As Chimney Sweepers Come To Dust
8. Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd
9. The Grave's a Fine and Private Place
If you're looking for a cosy crime series to keep you hooked then look no further than the Flavia de Luce mysteries.
* Each Flavia de Luce mystery can be read as a standalone or in series order *
Orion Publishing Co
4 February 2010
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate