DescriptionThe perfect gift for every railway enthusiast.
The history of Britain's railways is a long and fascinating one, filled with stories of grand endeavours, noted figures and record-breaking feats. Julian Holland brings together a unique miscellany of intriguing tales and engaging trivia - the perfect collection for every railway enthusiast.
Stories range from Bulleid's 'Chinese Laundries', trainspotting trips in Wales and Scotland and Liverpool's 'Dockers' Umbrella' to railway artists and clergy, a railway-owned airline and railways that were never built.
Find out about
* The Royal Scot's 11,000-mile journey in the USA and Canada
* A narrow gauge island railway in the middle of the Bristol Channel
* How the London & South Western Railway saved the British Empire
* Mallard's unbeaten world speed record of 1938
* How to fly by Great Western Railway from Cardiff to Plymouth
* The 75-mile network of narrow gauge railways on the Isle of Skye
* How another 4,500 miles of railway escaped closure by Dr Beeching
All Aboard is a delightful miscellany for every railway enthusiast, filled with fascinating and obscure stories, facts and figures.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate