Time Out Boston City Guide
It may be best known for the sites that gave birth to the American Revolution, but Boston - along with neighbouring Ivy League university town C ambridge - is also a youthful city with innovative museums and galleries, raucous rock clubs, a thriving culinary scene and great shopping concentrated in a conveniently compact area.
Time Out Boston covers the must-see historic landmarks in depth, but also takes you off the Freedom Trail to the places Bostonians go for a culture fix, including the cutting-edge Institute of C ontemporary Art in the developing Seaport District, the revamped Harvard Art Museums complex, due to open in 2015, and the Museum of Fine Arts, which recently debuted a dramatic new wing by Foster & Partners. Our team of local writers has selected and reviewed the best new restaurants, bars and shops - in hip, off-the-beaten-path neighbourhoods as well as prime tourist districts - while reserving space for the essential classics.
The Boston city guide highlights:
- Full colour and illustrated throughout with exclusive photography, using original imagery to give a real sense of the place
- Handy pull-out Boston map
- Extensive area guides not only cover the sightseeing in Boston, but also restaurants, bars and shops - all plotted on maps handily located within the chapter
- Top 20 list of the must-see highlights
- Itineraries to help you plan your visit
- Critic's choices pick out the best Boston sights, experiences and cultural highlights - at a glance
- All Boston restaurants and bars have been visited and reviewed anonymously by critics who pay their own way
- Boston hotels independently reviewed
The revamped Time Out Guides retain the independence and local expertise that the series is known for, while adding more features to help the visitor navigate the city. Whether you have an action-packed 24 hours or a leisurely week in which to take it all in, these guides are more essential than ever.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate