Time Out Brussels City Guide
A high-speed hop from London, Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne, the city at Europe's crossroads is as distinguished, diverse and distinctive as any continental capital. Home to the Surrealists and the Breughels, this living monument to art nouveau enjoys a gastronomic reputation second to none - complemented by boundless bar crawls and style-conscious shopping sprees.
Using local journalists, writers and experts, the Time Out Brussels city guide offers an informed and detailed excursion around the city and its attractions, from the Gothic and Guildhouse past of the Grand Place to Brussels' present-day role as Europe's capital, taking in its beers and its boutiques, its markets and its mussels, and its comics and its chocolates along the way.
Beyond Brussels, the guide also delves into the three main metropoli of Flanders: fashion-conscious Antwerp and Bruges, Belgium's biggest tourist draw. Day trips dip each side of the French/Flemish divide, from the coast around Ostend to Liege nestling on the Dutch and German borders.
The Brussels city guide includes:
- Full-colour photography, using original imagery to give a real sense of the place
- Handy pull-out Brussels map
- Extensive area guides not only cover the sightseeing in Brussels, but also restaurants, bars and shops - all plotted on maps handily located within the chapter
- Top 20 list of the must-see highlights
- Itineraries to help you plan your visit
- Critic's choices pick out the best Brussels sights, experiences and cultural highlights - at a glance
- All Brussels restaurants and bars have been visited and reviewed anonymously by critics who pay their own way
- Brussels hotels independently reviewed
The revamped Time Out Guides retain the independence and local expertise that the series is known for, while adding more features to help the visitor navigate the city. Whether you have an action-packed 24 hours or a leisurely week in which to take it all in, these guides are more essential than ever.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate