Working Well with Babies: Comprehensive Competencies for Educators of Infants and Toddlers
DescriptionWorking Well with Babies describes the comprehensive competencies (including the knowledge, dispositions, and skills) that educators of infants and toddlers must have to provide optimal support for infants and toddlers. Designed as a learning resource for both in-service and pre-service infant/toddler practitioners, this text details the nine competency dimensions of infant/toddler educators developed by the Collaborative for Understanding the Pedagogy of Infant/Toddler Development (CUPID).
The nine competencies are:
- 1. Reflective Practice
- 2. Building and Supporting Relationships
- 3. Partnering with and Supporting Diverse Families
- 4. Guiding Infant and Toddler Behavior
- 5. Supporting Development and Learning
- 6. Assessing Behavior, Development, & Environments
- 7. Including Infants and Toddlers with Special Needs
- 8. Professionalism
- 9. Mentoring, Leadership, and Supporting Competencies in Adults
Supplemental appendices include rich and well-organized information to build core knowledge of development over the first three years and apply this knowledge to practice. Reproducibles designed to enhance active and engaged learning are organized by chapter and provide examples, reflective exercises, and information to share with families.
30 August 2021
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate