Our friends from over the road at Selly Manor Museum have created this marvellous list for us. If you haven't yet visited, Selly Manor dates from medieval times and its intriguing past includes an Italian wine merchant, a burglar and a world famous chocolate maker!
Originally called 'Smyths Tenement', it was a prosperous house until 1695 when it had a new owner and its slow decline began. By the end of the 19th century, it was divided into three dwellings known as 'The Rookery' and then it fell into disuse. With an uncertain future, George Cadbury, founder of Bournville, saved the building and arranged its move from nearby Selly Oak into his new village where it stands today.
Next to Selly Manor is Minworth Greaves, a magnificent cruck-framed hall which is about 750 years old. It was moved from near Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham and re-built on site in Bournville in 1932 by George Cadbury’s son Laurence.
- Please note: if books are on "back order "they may be out of print and delivery may be delayed.