Built to Serve: How to Drive the Bottom Line with People-First Practices
In Built to Serve, Dan Sanders, CEO of the award-winning, service-oriented United Supermarkets, makes this bold claim: the prevailing business culture is broken and a radical transformation is required-a paradigm shift that reshapes our understanding of the true purpose of work.
Leaders have a choice-continue to chase a broken price-profit model and suffer the consequences or build a culture committed to servanthood and discover the fulfillment evident when people see their work as a ministry. The choice leaders make will not only determine economic success and failure but also will determine their organization's long term impact on humanity.
The time is now. Sanders reveals how your people can adopt United's mission of “Ultimate Service, Superior Performance, Positive Impact.” He distills valuable lessons from nine decades of a people-centered culture that consistently delivers outstanding customer service and reveals how you can develop a fully engaged, productive workforce.
- Treat your customers like partners
- Create a people-centered culture in a numbers-focused world
- Communicate your organization's vision
- Focus on strengths, not weaknesses
- Tie performance to the success of your mission
- Reduce your employee turnover
- Build communities connected by an emotional bond
- Ensure sustainability and growth-with an eye on the principles that allowed your success in the first place
When you're built to serve, employees come to work because they want to, not just because they have to. Built to Serve is your hands-on guide to seeking this higher purpose.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate