Coaching, Mentoring and Organizational Consultancy: Supervision, Skills and Development
DescriptionWhat are the key skills needed to be a successful coach, mentor or supervisor?
How can personal development be effectively facilitated?
The fields of coaching, mentoring and consultancy are going through a phase of professionalization, with the establishment of formal standards, European bodies and standard requirements for supervision. Substantially revised, this accessible book provides a response to these growing demands, examining:
- Differences and similarities between coaching, mentoring and organizational consultancy
- Personal and professional development that leads to sustainable change
- Qualities, capabilities, skills and values necessary for effective coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Guidelines for practice.
- Transformational coaching
- Developments in the field of neuroscience and the implications for coaching
- Systemic team coaching, developments in leadership, and creating a coaching culture
- Supervision on supervision and group supervision
- Oshry's approach to understanding systemic patterns in organizational relationships
- Expanded seven-eyed model
Professor Jonathan Passmore, University of Evora, Portugal
"This wonderfully lucid and comprehensive guide shows how fearless compassion is still at the basis of getting the consulting that matters and the mentoring that can transform a business."
Dr Erik de Haan, Professor of Organisation Development at the VU University Amsterdam and Director of the Centre for Coaching, Ashridge Business School
"In this latest edition of their overview of coaching, mentoring and supervision, the authors reflect the substantial changes that have occurred in terms of applications, professionalization and our knowledge of the fundamental mechanisms behind these powerful approaches to learning and change. This will not be the last edition, I am sure!"
Professor David Clutterbuck, European Mentoring & Coaching Council
"This is not a once-read book but a reference text to be returned to time and time again."
Professor Michael Carroll PhD, Visiting Industrial Professor, University of Bristol, UK
"An informative and passionate guide to coaching, mentoring and organisational consultancy, essential for beginners and valuable for experienced practitioners. A must read for coaching supervisors."
Dr Tatiana Bachkirova, Reader in Coaching Psychology, Oxford Brookes University, UK
"I especially like the strong emphasis on practical ideas, techniques and skills for getting the most out individuals and teams."
Balbir Kandola, BK Consultancy in Learning & Development
"The book is a treasure chest for those who want to dig into research and concepts across leadership development, mentoring, coaching, consultancy and supervision. This is a very solid book, well-structured and an excellent inspirational text."
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate