Dream Plants for the Natural Garden
Piet Oudolf (Author) Henk Gerritsen (Author)
DescriptionJoin two of the world’s most influential garden designers, Piet Oudolf and Henk Gerritsen, as they describe their ideal perennials, bulbs, grasses, ferns and small shrubs for your natural garden. This comprehensive compendium classifies these 1200 plants according to their behaviour, strengths and uses.
An ideal plant is one that is both beautiful and robust, performing reliably with very little input from the gardener – and without artificial fertilizers and pesticides. Rather than striving for big, bold masses of colourful blooms that are vigorously pruned back as soon as they have finished flowering, their innovative approach to gardening involves choosing plants chiefly for their form – leaves, flower heads and stems included – which means they retain their natural beauty through all the seasons. Find within:
- 1200 beautiful and reliable plants used by top garden designers
- Full descriptions and growing instructions
- Unique easy-to-follow classification according to growing behaviour and use in the garden
- Natural gardening, without artificial fertilizers or pesticides
- More than 250 full-colour photographs
With these plants and expert advice, create a garden that will thrive with the life of the insects and birds it welcomes.
Frances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
3 October 2013
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate