Edible Mushrooms: A Forager's Guide to the Wild Fungi of Britain, Ireland and Europe
Geoff Dann (Author)
An up-to-date, comprehensive and brilliantly illustrated book on fungi foraging in Britain and Europe. It covers every known edible species, and all the poisonous groups, as well as a few very common species and a handful of mushrooms included for their interesting or unusual characteristics.
- Identify edible and poisonous mushrooms.
- Distinguish between 'lookalike' species.
- Know when is the best time and place to hunt for each species.
- Identify edible species which should be left alone because they are threatened
- Photos show each species in its natural habitat, to aid identification.
Perfect for all ability levels - from absolute beginner to the experienced fungi forager who'd like to become an expert. Each edible species is ranked according to its difficulty/danger level, so beginners can start with the easiest ones, while experienced foragers can learn how to safely forage for the trickier species that other mushroom foraging guides leave out.
20 October 2016
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate