Ladybird Readers Level 1 - The Tortoise and the Hare (ELT Graded Reader)
Ladybird Readers is an ELT graded reader series for children aged 3-11 learning English as a foreign or second language. The series includes traditional tales, favourite characters, modern stories and non-fiction. Written by experts, it uses proven methods to help children learn English and grasp key grammar and vocabulary points.
- Perfect for learning English in school or at home
- Develops reading, writing, speaking, listening and critical thinking skills
- Features much-loved characters and authors such as Peter Rabbit, Peppa Pig, Roald Dahl and Eric Carle
- Eight levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for language learning (CEFR)
- Language activities in every book provide preparation for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 to A2 (YLE) tests
- Features free online resources including audio, answer keys, lesson plans and tips for parents
Ladybird Readers Level 1: The Tortoise and the Hare, a Level 1 Reader, is Pre-A1 in the CEFR framework and includes practice for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 Starters tests. Short sentences contain a maximum of two clauses, using the present tense and some simple adjectives.
Hare can run and jump. Tortoise can walk. Hare and Tortoise have a race, but can Tortoise win? Hare is fast and he is slow!
Visit the Ladybird Education website for more information.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate