Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds: The original, classic book on TCKs
'This book is the 'bible' for anyone who wants to understand the blessings and the curses of growing up multiculturally' -Wm. Paul Young, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Shack
In this third edition of the ground-breaking, global classic, Ruth E. Van Reken and Michael V. Pollock, son of the late original co-author, David C. Pollock have significantly updated what is widely recognized as The TCK Bible. Emphasis is on the modern TCK and addressing the impact of technology, cultural complexity, diversity & inclusion and transitions. Includes new advice for parents and others for how to support TCKs as they navigate work, relationships, social settings and their own personal development.
· A second PolVan Cultural Identity diagram to support understanding of cultural identity
· New models for identity formation
· Updated explanation of unresolved grief
· New material on 'highly mobile communities' addressing the needs of people who stay put while a community around them moves rapidly
· Revamped Section III so readers can more easily find what is relevant to them as Adult TCKs, parents, counselors, employers, spouses, administrators, etc.
· New stages and needs tool that will help families and organizations identify and meet needs
· Greater emphasis on tools for educators as they grapple with demographic shifts in the classroom
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate