Under the Olive Tree: Recipes from my Greek Kitchen
'Glorious and sumptuous. From the simplest dishes through to the more complex, Irini totally captures the gastronomy of Greece.' Victoria Hislop
'This is my favourite cookbook of the year. A total joy from start to finish.' Russell Norman
'A treasure trove of personal and factual information about the food of Greece and its islands.' Simon Rogan
Under the Olive Tree is a stunning and user-friendly collection of delicious Greek family recipes from Irini Tzortzoglou, the 2019 champion of MasterChef UK. Including accessible, everyday dishes for the home cook, as well as an entertaining section full of Irini's tips and tricks for when you have a little more time or want to impress your guests.
Not only is Irini a fabulous cook, but she is a great teacher who cannot wait to show readers the dishes of her beloved homeland. With over 80 recipes, from breakfasts to quick dinners via salads full of sunshine, and on to feasting for Christmas, Easter and dinner parties, this cookbook is Irini's celebration of Greece.
'These recipes represent me as a cook and diner in that I like to experiment a little in putting flavours together, mixing classic combinations with my own touches.'
* Chickpea and cumin fritters with a lemon and coriander yoghurt dip
* Cured salmon with star anise, yoghurt and ouzo cream, cucumber and fennel salad
* Aubergine topped with bulgur, sultanas, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts
* Braised Octopus in Red Wine with Sweetcorn Puree and Pepper Salsa
* Moussaka with beef, aubergine and red pepper sauce
* Slow-roasted lamb with herbs, lemon, mustard and honey
* Olive Oil, Almond and Candied Orange Baklava
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate