Working with Trans Voice: A Guide to Support and Inspire New, Developing and Established Practitioners
• Trans and non-binary people deserve quality, affirmative and culturally sensitive which is offered in all voice services, not only in specialist clinics.
• The tidal wave in referrals of trans and non-binary people to gender services including voice and communication therapy has created a training crisis – the book will help to address this.
• Speech and language therapists need an easy way in to the field, as this is a very politicised field, and SLTs are often afraid to begin – this book will enable them to start and develop their journey
• There is little client community collaboration in health care literature – this book provides stimulation and an appreciation of the real stories and advice from trans and non-binary people
• In general, cisgender people, such as most SLTs find themselves to be, require supportive guidance in understanding gender identity and expression, and it is very rewarding for SLTS to have a deeper understanding of our systemic identities – this book facilitates this understanding.
Earn By Promoting Books
Earn money by sharing your favourite books through our Affiliate programme.Become an Affiliate